- Four High Quality Meat Meals: Chicken, Turkey, Lamb, & Fish
- All Natural, Human Grade, Holistic Pet Food
- Natural Ingredients Plus Essential Vitamins & Amino Acid Chelated Minerals
- Naturally Preserved Herbal Formulation
- Excellent Palatability - Cats Love FELIDAE®
- Contains Skin & Coat Conditioners to Maintain a Health Luxurious Coat
- Balanced Omega 6 & 3 Fatty Acids
- Wholesome Nutritional Brown Rice & Diversified Carbohydrates
- Superior Digestibility
- Formulated with Cranberries
- Guaranteed Viable Micro-Organisms
- Guaranteed Enzyme Activity to Help Break Down Cellulose
- pH balanced formulation to promote the prevention of both urinary crystals and calcium oxylate stones
- Made the CANIDAE® Way with Superior Quality: No Corn, Wheat, Soy, Grain Fractions or Fillers and Naturally Preserved
Are you trying to switch your cat to wet or canned food? Is your cat not eating the food? Here's a quick, easy trick you can use to get your cat accustomed to canned food, which may be better for your cats urinary system.
First you will need the wet canned food and a can of tuna.
When you feed your cat, for each spoonful of cat food, add a spoonful of tuna, then mix the two together.
Next time you feed your cat, mix slightly less tuna with your cats canned food. And the time after that, decrease the ratio even more. Keep doing this until your cat eats only the canned food.
This should get even the most stubborn, picky cat accustomed to any wet food. As a treat, you can pour some tuna juice from time to time on the cat's food or actually give your cat some tuna with its wet food!
Experts agree that canned food is the way to go when it comes to protecting your cat from feline idiopathic cystitis (also known as feline idiopathic lower urinary tract disease (FiLUTD) or feline urologic syndrome (FUS)) or more commonly referred to as cat UTI or urinary tract infection. The switch from dry food to canned food is in order to increase your cat's water consumption and dilute its urine.
If canned cat food is not an option for some reason, 9 Lives Plus Care, Wysong Uretic and Felidae are a highly rated dry cat foods that help maintain urinary tract health. Plus, tuna juice, clam juice and water may be added to dry foods in order to increase your cats water intake.
The questions of which canned food is best remains, though.
In addition to providing your cat canned food instead of dry cat food, make sure to take steps to reduce your cats stress. Reducing your cats stress is an integral part of the treatment for urinary problems and is important for maintaining your cat's overall health. Be sure to read this tip on switching your cat to wet food, too!
Cranberry juice and Vitamin C, a natural anti-inflammatory, are also helpful in preventing and treating urinary tract problems. By acidifying the urine, cranberry juice prevents bacteria from adhering to the bladder linings. Vitamin C helps strengthens bladder lining.
Felidae Boasts Natural Holistic Benefits
Wysong Uretic™ is a great dry food for cats prone to Urolithiasis, struvite crystals, bladder stones, FLUTD, because it contains no excess minerals and gives your cat acidic urine, which in turn helps maintain urinary tract health and prevent and treat urinary diseases.
9 Lives Plus Care is a popular choice for digestive health and a hearty immune system. With corn as the primary ingredient, however, its quality compared to other leading dry cat foods is suspect.